Monday, December 20, 2010

Wait I Say on the Lord! But How Do I WAIT?

So often you hear people talking about waiting on God. I'm waiting on God for a job. I'm waiting on God for a house. I'm waiting on God for my business. I'm waiting on God for a husband or a wife. I'm waiting on God...But these same people are not waiting on God, they are sitting on God. Sitting in the house waiting for God to bring the job, house, business, husband, or wife! That is not what God had in mind!

See we want things to just come to us but we don't want to do the work required to be in the right place at the right time doing the right thing! Wow! I'm waiting on God in a lot of areas in my life but believe me I am far from just sitting. I'm not trying to do God's job but I am determined to do mine. I have faith and I walk in faith, but the key is that I am walking in it and not sitting on it. Sometimes you have to just make a move and get started so that God can know that you really believe.

If you go and sit in a chair and just plop down, then you believe that chair will hold you. If you go test it out with your hands first and maneuver it around before sitting down you are unsure of whether it will hold you or not. We are the same way with life. If we believe then we simply act as though it were already done. Now, I'm not telling you to go change your name because your husband is already here, but I am telling you to get your house in order so when your husband or wife appears you are not trying to clean up at the last minute. Get rid of those people and things that you've been needing to discard to be in position and ready. For that job, get up and moving so that when it comes you are already accustomed to being up and productive. For that business, write the vision and make it plain. Get the business plan together.

You have to be in a posture to WAIT (Walk and Intentionally Talk)! You have to walk towards the goal and intentionally talk to yourself and others in ways that bring the goal to you. You are not begging. You are simply stating the facts about the situation and not what you see. The fact is that I am the CEO of a million dollar business even though the accounts don't look like it right now. The fact is that I am a New York Times best-selling author even though the list does not currently show my name. The fact is that I have my dream house even though I am not currently living in it. The fact is that we determine our facts with what we do and what we say.

If you want to change your outcomes, then change your language. If you want to change your reality, accepts the facts of your life instead accepting the situation or circumstances as your reality. It is just a figment of your imagination. What you currently see is just an illusion, a mirage, a shadow.

Wait on the Lord expectantly while doing what is necessary for your facts to become your reality! Walk and talk intentionally and watch God do the rest. I see my future and it looks better than my right now!

For more timeless lessons and endless wisdom on how to live happily ever NOW, visit http://www.drveronicaglass.com/ and order your copy of Use Your Buckets. Don't just order it and not read it. Read it and apply it and watch your reality change!

Waiting expectantly,

Dr. VG

No comments:

Post a Comment