Friday, December 17, 2010

Silence is Golden!

Shhhhhh! I just want a little quiet. No children screaming Mama. Nobody calling my name. No recorders playing Jingle Bells. No children with 12 different mechanical devices going including the whoopie cushion on the cell phone. I'm just saying...Be QUIET!!!

Ok. Now I have to be honest with you. I like sounds like the next person, but I am at a place where I NEED silence! I NEED quiet! I NEED alone time! I NEED it! I'm not talking about a luxury! I'm talking necessity!
I need to be by myself for awhile to just be able to relax and hear my heart beat. I need the quiet, stillness of silence to re-center myself amidst all of the exciting changes taking place in my life. I just need to chill because silence is golden.

It is in silence that we find inspiration for the great ideas that generate true wealth. It is in the silence that we find peace in the midst of storms. It is in the silence that we hear the small, still voice of God speak to our situation whatever situation with which we find ourselves confronted. Silence...Shhhh!

Silence is golden when you are in a house full of people. On a job full of noise, both internal (your thoughts and mess) and external (other people's thoughts and mess). I'm just saying can I get a little quiet! My tolerance level is lower when I need silence. I don't want to hear all of that noise no matter where it is coming from I just NEED some silence because it is golden.

There is great value in silence. It is golden. It shines. It seems to envelope. It allows the release of tension and frustration by focusing on the peace within the silence. So when you feel overwhelmed and stressed out, just get by yourself and sit in the silence. Listen for the small, still voice and hear the voice of God speak to your situation or your storm. Shhhhhhh! Silence is golden!

To learn more about how to use what you've been given to live happily ever NOW visit http://www.drveronicaglass.com/ and get the book that is quietly inspiring people to change their lives, Use Your Buckets. Check out my interview on The Balancing Act on Lifetime by clicking The Balancing Act banner on my webpage. And begin your journey to peace SILENTLY!
Sitting Silently,

Dr. VG

No comments:

Post a Comment