Friday, January 14, 2011

When Your Bucket is Emptied for You

Sometimes in life things just don't go the way you want them to go. Things that you thought would last are brought to an end and you didn't end it. You decided that you would stick it out and perservere to the very end only to discover that your commitment was not shared. I remember relationships being ended when I didn't want them to be ended.  I remember jobs being ended when I didn't want them to be ended. I remember assignments being ended when I didn't want them to be ended. But my bucket was emptied for me and without my permission.

At the time, all I could think was how could this happen to me. How I could I get dumped, let go, released? How could it happen to me? I gave so much of time, talent, self, love, etc.You feel like you wasted it all. But that's not the case. The reality is that often you have been told to empty the bucket but you were too comfortable to do so. When you refuse to empty a bucket that God has told you to empty, then He will empty it for you. He will cause people to end relationships and jobs to end all to get us to where He wants us to be.

Sometimes it just has to happen that way because we won't let it happen any other way. So now it is done. It is over. It is FINISHED! Let it go and move on! Move forward! And know that the bucket had to be emptied one way or another. Rejoice because now your empty bucket is full of possibilities. Explore them. Enjoy them. And move forward with expectation!

For more timeless lessons and endless wisdom, visit http://www.drveronicaglass.com/and purchase your copy of Use Your Buckets: Twelve Life Lessons for Success. This book was featured on The Balancing Act on Lifetime. See the interview by clicking The Balancing Act banner on http://www.drveronicaglass.com/. Share this information with a friend and follow the blog that is changing people's lives by changing their perspectives!

Exploring the Possibilities,

Dr. VG

No comments:

Post a Comment