Monday, February 14, 2011

Who Loves You, Baby?!

I remember Kojak saying, "Who loves you, Baby?" Of course, he was implying that he did. So often people imply that they love you and they may even say that they love you, but I've discovered that most people's love is fickle. They love you as long as you do what they think you ought to do or what they want you to do. They love you as long as it is beneficial but when it begins to cost them, then they no longer love you quite as much. They love you as long as...fill in the blank. That, however, is not TRUE LOVE!

On this Valentine's Day, ask the question to yourself of who loves you, REALLY. As I ponder that question, the answer is quite disturbing and yet expected. My children love me unconditionally. God loves me unconditionally!!! And I'm sure that there are some other people who love me while others love me right now. Others who used to love me until they realized that I really was imperfect and have tunnel vision when required. The crazy thing is that sometimes people who really can see you and love you don't share your bloodline. Love is not determined by blood. But blood has definitely established the most powerful example of love in history.

Jesus loved us enough to die on the cross for us, that's love! God loved us enough to send His only begotten son, that's love. I find myself reveling in the love of God because it never leaves and neither does He. His love is perfect and sometimes we have to do like Jesus and get away to be in the healing presence of His love at its fullest. Know that God loves you no matter what anyone else thinks, says, or does. And if God be for you, who can be against you! Let God's love envelope you!

Basking in His love,

Dr. VG

Visit my website for more of Dr. Veronica Glass' timeless lessons and endless wisdom www.drveronicaglass.com! Order your copy of Use Your Buckets!

1 comment: