Saturday, February 19, 2011

God's Got You WHEN You Go Through Your Trials!!!

I recently spoke on the radio about how NOT to give up. One of the things that I said was that when you go through things you have to be prepared and have a strategy. Do you know what I believe is one of our greatest challenges? We want to be prepared IF we go through instead of WHEN we go through. Let me give you a nugget that could save you a lot of time and energy complaining and whining. YOU WILL GO THROUGH!!! I repeat you will go through and there is no if, ands, or buts about it.

This morning during my meditation the Lord took me to Isaiah 43. In that chapter God declares that He has Jacob/Israel. He is the provision and the protector and He knows them by NAME! But He also says that "WHEN you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you." Wow! God is letting them and us know that the waters, rivers, and fire will come and we must go through them, BUT they will not hurt us! What a revelation!

I don't know about you but I know that I have had some trials during which I wanted to roll over and die, but the trials remained and I came through them. I wanted to know why it happened to me, but it still happened and I had to go through it. I felt like I would drown and I may have swallowed some water and choked, but I did not drown. The fire felt hot and I thought I would burn up but I just felt the heat and no fire touched me. What I am telling you is that we have to mature to the point where we EXPECT waters, rivers, and fire to come. We must EXPECT to go THROUGH them. We must KNOW that God has us no matter what and He won't let us be alone, overtaken, burned, or scorched but we still MUST GO THROUGH!

I'm encouraged that God has me and I know that I will come out on top no matter how tight it is. We have to know the outcome and prepare ourselves to endure whatever is necessary in order to get through our trials. Are you really shocked that people will talk about you, why when you will talk about others? Are you really shocked that things will go wrong, why when they've gone wrong before? Are you really shocked that people will do you wrong, why when it has happened before and you have done others wrong? At the end of the day all we can do is the best we can with what we have and be prepared to GO THROUGH because we will have to do just that!

When you are prepared for something or expect it, it has less of an impact on you than when you are not expecting it. Expect to go through and do just that...go through. God has promised us that we won't go through alone even though it may feel like it. He has promised us that we won't be overtaken, burned, or scorched. We will make it out and be just fine afterwards because God has got us! Hold your head up high! Keep the faith! Stand steadfast and immovable! Be still and see the salvation of the Lord! God's got you...just go through!

For more timeless lessons and endless wisdom, listen to Dr. Glass on 880 AM WBMD Thursdays at 3:15 pm on "Nothing But the Truth w/ Carl Boyd, Jr." or online at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-big-mouth-880-am-wmdb. Visit http://www.drveronicaglass.com/ and purchase your copy of Use Your Buckets: Twelve Life Lessons for Success. This book was featured on The Balancing Act on Lifetime. See the interview by clicking The Balancing Act banner on http://www.drveronicaglass.com/. Share this information with a friend and follow the blog that is changing people's lives by changing their perspectives!


Going Through,


Dr. VG

No comments:

Post a Comment